Friday, June 1, 2012

Musings, and my film career premier!

So, this is the world premier of the short film, "Tourism in Vermont" created by Navee and myself.  It features both our voices, reading original scripts, and animated PowerPoint slides.  I'm pretty proud of it, although it is not winning any Oscars anytime soon.  Yes, it is a little cheesy (actually, it's quite cheesy), but the whole point of this project is to really understand the amount of work and effort it takes to develop these videos to be distributed en mass to government schools throughout the state (of Karnataka, not Vermont, actually this video will never be distributed to any school for academic use).  It's a lot of pressure, and everything must comply to the government mandated curriculum.  It also took us a good three days to create a five minute "okay" video.  Project 1947 produces videos that are approximately 20 minutes in length, four times as long and the one Navee and I made!  We actually did the majority of the editing and syncing while we were working at home due to the bandh (transportation strike).  The strike only lasted for a day, and now everything is back to normal I think, except we are a day behind in our work, and since we don't have a set project yet, we are all getting a little bit nervous.  Alright, I had hoped that I could be more reflective today.  I even planned to recap for you all the seminar I went to this evening, but I'm just too tired.  I'm running around all day, and I'm just exhausted.  Tomorrow I will spend my time running necessary errands and applying for jobs.  Cheers to you all!  I'll have something better soon, I promise!!  If you have any questions, do not hesitate to leave them in the comments section of this post!  I love answering questions (and comments)!

2 comments:

  1. Vermont sounds wonderful! I wish that I could visit sometime soon, but for now I will need to settle for a pint of Ben and Jerry's. What is your favorite flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently, my favorite flavor is Dublin Mudslide (Irish Cream Liqueur Ice Cream with Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies and a Coffee Fudge Swirl), but I have never been able to find it in Ohio :-( You could try your luck with the Flavor Locator (http://www.benjerry.com/flavors/flavor-locator/)!

    On a different note, the butter scotch ice cream here in India is also quite tasty!! :-)

    ReplyDelete